Bikes & Buses
YOUR BIKE RIDES FOR FREE ON PARTA!
All PARTA Fixed Route buses are equipped with easy-to-use bike racks that can quickly secure up to two bicycles.
Please know that the cyclist, not the bus driver, is responsible for all aspects of placing, securing, and removing your bicycle. Bus drivers are familiar with the use of the bike racks; however, they cannot physically assist riders with the placing of bicycles on the racks. PARTA is not responsible for loss or damage to personal property such as bikes, accessories, and other equipment.
When not in use, the bike rack folds up against the front of the bus. Below are the following steps needed to assist riders:
- Pull Handle up to release and lower rack.
- Lower the rack before placing the bike up on the rack. Squeeze the silver release lever by pulling the silver handle upward, and then gently lower the rack to the horizontal position.
- Place your bike on the rack
- Place your bike on the rack in the location closest to the bus with the front wheel and the handlebars towards the curb. If a bike is already on the rack, the front wheel and the handlebars should be facing street side, away from the curb.
- Pull hook out and over tire
- Pull out the curved spring-loaded swingarm, lift up over the front tire and place the hook as close as possible to the bicycle’s head tube. Now that the bike is secure, please enter the bus.
Renting Bike Racks
Rental rack is available from the Adventure Center at the Warren Student Recreation & Wellness Center
Bike Rack Locations
Campus Bike Repair Station
DERO FIXIT BIKE STATION
- Located outside between the Student Center and KIVA.
- Has free bike repair tools and an air pump.
- It is equipped with a QR code which connects to bike maintenance tips.