- Academic Departments
- Academic Success Center
- Academic Learning Center, Columbiana Campus
- Academic Advising - Undergraduate
- Academic STARS
- Academic Testing Services
- Academic Transfer
- Accreditation, Assessment and Learning (formerly Academic Quality Improvement Project or AQIP)
- Accounting, Department of
- Accounts Payable
- Accessibility Services
- Administrative Offices
- Adult Students
- Advanced Placement Program
- Aerospace Studies/Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp
- Affirmative Action Office
- Air Force ROTC
- Alma Mater
- Alumni Relations
- Animal Research
- Annual Kent State Symposium on Democracy
- Apps, Kent State
- Anthropology, Department of
- Architecture and Environmental Design, College of
- Architect's Office
- Army ROTC
- Art, School of
- Art Education
- Arts and Sciences, College of
- Arts, College of the
- Ashtabula Campus
The Kent State University department of Public Safety offers some guidelines for students, faculty and staff on the Kent Campus to ensure the drone flying experience is safe and enjoyable.
Anyone who flies an unmanned aircraft system (UAS), or drone weighing more than .55 pounds for recreational purposes must register the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) UAS registry by Feb 19, 2016. People that fly UAS for profit must receive authorization from the FAA. People who do not register or receive authorization could face civil and criminal penalties. The registration can be done online at http://www.faa.gov/uas/registration/.
Public Safety has developed a map of open areas on the Kent Campus that are recommended for safe drone flying. Members of the Kent State community flying a drone for recreational use should also keep in mind the following safety guidelines from the FAA:
- Drones should be flown below 400 feet and remain clear of surrounding obstacles, such as buildings.
- Keep the aircraft within your visual line of sight at all times.
- Remain well clear of, and do not interfere with, manned aircraft operations.
- Do not fly a drone within five miles of an airport unless you notify the airport and control tower ahead of time. The Kent campus is within the five mile radius of the Kent State Airport, so please notify the Airport Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not fly near people, stadiums or sporting events.
- Do not fly an aircraft that weighs more than 55 pounds.
Anyone flying a UAS who does not adhere to these guidelines, or who is observed flying the aircraft in a careless or reckless manner, could face a fine for endangering people or other aircraft. Check out http://knowbeforeyoufly.org/ for more information on flying responsibly.