Scholarship Match Program
The Kent State University Match Program will match any outside scholarship that an incoming freshman brings to Kent State for the 2015 fall semester or the 2015-2016 academic year, up to a total of $1,000.
To be eligible for this award, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Be admitted to the Kent Campus as a new incoming freshman for fall 2015.
- Enroll in a bachelor’s degree program.
- Register for a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester that are designated as Kent Campus courses. You will not be eligible to receive this scholarship if you register for Regional Campus courses (even if they meet on the Kent Campus) unless you are also enrolled in a minimum of 12 Kent Campus credit hours during that same semester.
- Complete the 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have the results sent to Kent State. If selected for Verification, the student must submit all required documents to the Student Financial Aid Office.
- The student must have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of 8,000 or less (as determined by the FAFSA).
- The outside scholarship received by the student must be awarded for the fall 2015 semester or the 2015-2016 academic year.
This award is applicable only to tuition charges. If a combination of this award and any other tuition scholarship exceeds the cost of tuition at Kent State University, this award may be reduced or cancelled. The maximum amount that a student can receive in the Kent State University Match Award is $1,000. If a student receives more than $1,000 in outside scholarships, the Kent State University Scholarship Match will not exceed $1,000. The award will be evenly divided between the fall 2015 and spring 2016 semesters, even if the outside scholarship award is only for the fall semester. This award is not renewable. All external scholarships reported on this form are considered as part of your total financial aid package for the 2015-2016 academic year and may result in changes to your current financial aid package.