REMOTE FINANCIAL AID HOURS
The financial aid staff is assisting students and families remotely.
May 17 - July 30
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Remote appointments available Monday and Tuesday until 7 p.m.
Closed May 31 and July 5.
Find helpful resources for food and other community support, as well as access to the Kent State Emergency Grant application.
VIRTUAL FINANCIAL AID RESOURCES
- Schedule an Appointment with Financial Aid - Students and families can schedule an appointment online for financial aid counseling, FAFSA filing or veterans benefits assistance. You'll have the option to select a Microsoft Teams, phone or email appointment.
- Attend a Virtual Drop-In Session - Meet with financial aid and academic advising without an appointment.
- Make a Payment Online - The Office of Student Services is unable to take in-person payments but payments can be made online.
- Veterans Benefits - Contact Annie Fritz at firstname.lastname@example.org for all veterans benefits questions.
- Submit Documents - Submit documents by using the One Stop Student Services Contact Us Form.
- Emergency Resources - Find helpful resources for food and other community support, as well as access to the Kent State Emergency Grant application.
- Email Student Financial Aid at email@example.com with questions.
- Make a payment online
- Checks can be processed online at no cost.
- All credit card payments must be done online. MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club and Discover are the only credit cards accepted. A convenience fee of 2.9% will be charged to all credit card payments.
- There is an authorized user and pinless user option for parents who are making payments.
FINANCIAL AID STAFF
The Kent State Stark financial aid staff is committed to providing a high level of service and will explore all possible financial aid resources with students. Students are not assigned financial aid advisors at Kent State Stark. You are welcome to contact any of the following staff members with questions regarding your financial aid.
Email inquiries are encouraged. Voicemail messages will be returned as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.