Veterans Services

Whether you postponed higher education to join the military or started and then put your education on hold to serve our nation, you can be confident that Kent State is committed to helping you achieve academic success.

This includes ensuring that it is as easy as possible for you to receive the educational benefits to which you are entitled through the GI Bill®, or any other established program, and to make sure your transition to college is a smooth one.

Kent State has been recognized as one of the top universities doing the most to embrace America's veterans on G.I. Jobs list of Military Friendly Schools.

Veterans Services at Kent State Stark

  • Military Connected Student Checklist pdf
  • Stark Campus Intent of Enrollment
    • If you are an undergraduate student, please contact Annie Fritz at or 330-244-3246 before completing the Stark Campus Intent of Enrollment.
    • If you are a graduate student, please contact Sarah Helmick, Assistant Director and VA Certifying Official at the Kent Campus (regardless of which campus you attend), at or 330-672-8586. You will complete a different Intent of Enrollment.



Military Call-Up Guidelines

Procedures if you are called for involuntary active duty

  • You must submit a copy of your mobilization order to the University Registrar’s Office at the Kent Campus. These can be faxed to 330-672-4836, or sent to the University Registrar’s Office, 122 Schwartz Center, Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242-0001.
  • If you need to leave immediately, contact Barb Lloyd 330-672-1614 and leave your name, Kent State ID number or social security number, reserve unit designation and location, name of unit aid and phone number, and whether or not you are enrolled in the Kent State ROTC.
  • Contact your professors.
  • Contact Annie Fritz, VA Certifying Official at 330-244-3246, with your name, Kent State ID number, or stop by Student Services.
  • Read the Military Call-Up Guidelines for details of your options addressing enrollment.