Stark Parking Services
Parking is free at Kent State Stark. Vehicle registration and parking hang tags are required for fall and spring semesters.
Parking Hang Tags for Fall & Spring Semesters
Kent State Stark students are required to register their vehicle(s) in person before a parking hang tag can be issued. Parking will remain free at Kent State Stark; however, parking hang tags are required and will not be issued by mail.
This vehicle registration procedure will ensure that Campus Security can better regulate student and faculty/staff parking, can contact students in case of a problem with their vehicle (lights left on, damage to vehicle, etc.) or offer vehicle lockout assistance.
- You must be registered for classes before a parking hang tag can be issued.
- Parking hang tags are required in all designated student lots.
Parking hang tags issued during fall semester are also good for spring semester.
FALL 2020: When, Where & What to Bring with You
WHEN: Students can come in to register their vehicle and pick up their parking hang tag after they have registered for classes. First Step participants will be instructed where to go on their First Step day.
WHERE: FACILITIES OFFICE / 131 MAIN HALL
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
After 4:30 p.m., stop in Student Services, 132 Main Hall, for assistance.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU:
These items are required in order to register your vehicle:
- Student Parking Vehicle Registration Form pdf
- Print, complete and bring it with you when come in to register your vehicle.
- If you can't print this form, write down the required information and bring it with you.
- Kent State ID Number
- Photo ID (FLASHcard or state issued driver's license)
- Fall 2020 Class Schedule (printed or displayed on your phone)
- Primary Vehicle: Make, model, color, license plate number, issuing state
- Secondary Vehicle: Make, model, color, license plate number, issuing state
HELPFUL TIP: Take a photo on your phone of your car's license plate before coming to campus.
RETURNING STUDENTS: When you come in to get your new parking hang tag, bring your old parking hang tags with you to be reused in future years. Don't throw them away, recycle and reuse!
Students must come in to register their vehicles. Parents, family members, friends, etc., cannot come in for you.
Parking for Summer Terms
Parking hang tags are not issued for students attending during the summer. Students should park only in designated student lots.
Kent Campus Parking Information
- Stark Campus parking hang tags are not valid for parking at the Kent Campus.
- If you have a valid Kent Campus parking hang tag, you do not have to register your vehicle or obtain a hang tag at the Stark Campus.
- Parking details at the Kent Campus