Next Steps for International Students
Dear International Students,
As you know from our previous communications, Kent State University is aware of the most recent guidance issued by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) and its potential impacts on our international student community. We strongly encourage you to contact your academic advisor or program coordinator by July 15 to discuss what face-to-face options are available for your fall schedule.
Our university community values our international students and their success. Kent State is committed to providing access to a high-quality education for all of its students and assisting you with the resources you need to maintain your F-1 student visa as we enter the 2020 Fall Semester.
You can find information about how to contact your academic advisor or program coordinator in your FlashLine account or by following these instructions: www.kent.edu/flashline/news/how-can-i-find-out-who-my-advisor.
For the most current information about regulations affecting international students, please visit www.kent.edu/isss.
For more information about the new SEVP guidance, please visit www.ice.gov/news/releases/sevp-modifies-temporary-exemptions-nonimmigrant-students-taking-online-courses-during.
Melody Tankersley, Ph.D., Interim Senior Vice President and Provost
Marcello Fantoni, Ph.D., Associate Provost for Global Education
Kent State’s Coronavirus Response
- If you have questions regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19 please call 1-833-4ASKODH (1-833-427-5634) or email email@example.com.
- Kent State University's One Stop for Student Services is taking calls to answer questions and concerns at 330-672-6000.
Welcome! If your academic journey is on an international scale, then the staff at the Office of Global Education is uniquely qualified to help you arrive at your destination.
Choose Your Path
- If you are an international student who wishes to apply or transfer to Kent State University, International Admissions can help you navigate your way to Kent, Ohio, USA.
- If you are an international student currently enrolled at Kent State and need help or advice, International Students & Scholars Services (ISSS) can put you on the right path.
- If you are a Kent State student or faculty member interested in a study abroad experience, Education Abroad can get you underway right away.
- If you are an academic institution that would like to establish a strategic partnership with Kent State or are already our partner, International Partnerships is the right place for you to drop anchor.