Counseling Services at Kent State Stark
Kent State Stark Counseling Services is located in the lower level of the Campus Center and offers students individual therapy sessions, educational workshops and training programs for students and the campus community.
Reduce the Stigma. Seek Help. Refer a Flash.
The Kent State Mental Health website provides information on mental health and well-being services that support the Kent State University community across our campus system and abroad. This site will help you identify resources for yourself or others and provides information on educational resources to enhance learning around mental health and well-being.
KENT STATE Mental Health WEBSITE
- Stark County Crisis Hotline: Call 330-452-6000 anytime
- Ohio CareLine: Call 1-800-720-9616
- Free, 24/7 emotional support call service created by the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, staffed by behavioral health professionals, confidential support in times of personal or family crisis when individuals may be struggling to cope with challenges in their lives
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline: Call 988
- Free 24/7, confidential support for people in distress, prevention, and crisis resources for you or loved ones.
- Previously the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, can still call 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line: Text 4HOPE to 741-741
- Free, 24/7, confidential access to live crisis counselors using text messages.
- The Trevor Project: Call 1-866-488-7386 or text START to 678-678
- Free, 24/7, crisis intervention and suicide prevention to LGBTQ young people.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Helpline: Call 1-800-950-6264
- Free, M-F 10 a.m.-6 p.m., nationwide peer-support service providing information, resource referrals and support to people living with mental health conditions, their family members and caregivers, mental health providers and the public.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: Call 1-800-799-7233 or chat online
- Free, 24/7, confidential, one-on-one chat session with a Hotline advocate
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) National Sexual Assault Hotline: Call 800-656-4673 or chat online
- Free, 24/7, confidential chat with a trained staff member
- Veterans Crisis Line: Call 988 then press 1