Services for Students
The Library offers a variety of services to help students. This page consolidates many of the Library services students should be aware of in one convenient place.
- Checkout a Laptop Students can checkout a laptop computer from the library circulation desk for two hours. The library also has a few laptops that can check out for 7 days. Students should read the policy for checking out laptops (2-hour loan policy or 7-day loan policy) and then sign the Laptop Agreement Form.
- Coffee Service The library sells single-serve (Keurig) coffee, tea, and hot chocolate (many varieties). You can buy the K-cups at the circulation desk for $1.00.
- Flashcard Students can put money on their Flashcard with cash at the circulation desk. Students can access their account to put money on their Flashcard with a credit or debit card by logging into their Flashline account, or, do a quick deposit.
- Plagiarism Prevention Program uses SafeAssign, a program available through Blackboard, to review your draft papers for plagiarism issues. SafeAssign compares your paper to existing sources, such as the internet and databases, and identifies and highlights possible plagiarism in your submitted assignment.
- Course Reserves Faculty often put course-related materials on reserve. Some items are held behind the circulation desk and some maybe added to our Course Reserves online guide.
- Proxy Services Students who wish to designate another individual to checkout materials on their behalf (a spouse or other relative, for example) can simply fill out the library's Proxy Borrowing form and submit it to the library.
- Your Library Record Students can access their library record to renew items checked out, pay fines, check the status of requested materials, etc.
- Search Strategy Worksheet Use this online worksheet to think through a search strategy before beginning a search for information in our hundreds of databases.