Student Accessibility Services
CONNECT WITH THE STARK CAMPUS SAS OFFICE
New Students: If you are new to Kent State Stark and would like to connect with SAS, please complete the New Student Application and provide as much detail as possible. Please also upload any disability documentation that you have. It will be reviewed by the Academic Services Coordinator who will follow up with you if additional information is needed. If you have questions email us at email@example.com.
Email SAS at firstname.lastname@example.org. If a phone conversation is required, we will coordinate a time for the call via email.
SAS Testing Services: If you need additional accommodations (e.g. reader or scribe) due to your disability, please contact SAS at email@example.com. Students should contact their instructors with class-specific questions or concerns.
STARK STUDENT ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES (SAS)
The Office of Student Accessibility Services at Kent State Stark serves students with visual, hearing, and speech impairments, specific learning disabilities such as ADD and ADHD, chronic health disorders, psychological disabilities, physiological disabilities and temporary disabilities.
Accommodations for students with disabilities are determined based on each student’s documented disability and individual needs. To be eligible for accommodations, students must present documentation in accordance with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and/or the Americans with Disabilities Act. It is the student’s responsibility to obtain appropriate documentation. Services cannot be provided until documentation is received.
SAS provides access and support by removing barriers and empowering students through education, collaboration, and advocacy.
To advance the holistic success of students with disabilities by creating intentionally designed physical, educational, and interpersonal experiences.
EXAMPLES OF SAS ACCOMMODATIONS
- Priority registration for classes
- Testing in a distraction-reduced environment like the Testing Center
- In-class note taker
- Recorder in class
- Extended test taking time
- Reader or scribe for testing
- Sign language interpreting
- Assistive technology and equipment
- SAS New Student Application
- SAS Policies & Procedures
- SAS Grievance Procedures doc
- Kent Campus SAS Office
- Instructions on How to Become a Student Note Taker pdf
- Attendance Modification Policy & Procedure docx
- Alternative Format Materials Policy & Procedure docx
- Making Course Content Accessible
- Accessible Campus Map pdf