Summer Financial Aid
PLANNING TO TAKE SUMMER CLASSES AT KENT STATE STARK?
Before applying for summer aid, be sure you understand:
- Using grants, loans or work-study during the summer could reduce your fall and spring financial aid.
- All enrolled students who are eligible for grants (Pell, TEACH, OCOG, PHEAA) will be awarded a semester of eligibility during the summer. Summer grants will be awarded based on your registered hours at the time your application is processed.
- Students who indicate they would like to use a loan in summer will be awarded 1/3 of their annual loan eligibility for the summer term. The remaining 2/3 will be awarded during the fall and spring semesters.
- Speak with a member of the financial aid staff to see how your future aid may be affected.
Guest students attending Kent State
Guest students interested in using aid for the summer must contact their home institution for financial aid processing and awarding. Kent State does not process financial aid for guest students.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SUMMER FINANCIAL AID
- Complete the 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Register for summer classes.
- After you complete the FAFSA and register for classes, you must complete your enrollment plans for the 2023-2024 academic year:
- Log on to FlashLine and select Student from the main menu.
- Under Finances, click on Financial Aid.
- Select the blue tile titled Financial Aid Enrollment Plan Questions.
- Answer the questions provided until you are told all questions are answered and the process is complete.
- Answer the questions on this tab to determine your enrollment plans and click submit.
- You must enroll in at least six credit hours for summer if you plan to use 1/3 of your loans.
- You must accept your loans in FlashLine.
For instructions regarding this process and additional information, visit www.kent.edu/ﬁnancialaid/enrollmentplans.
For information for students who plan to enroll in Summer 2023, visit www.kent.edu/ﬁnancialaid/summer.
SUMMER ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS
|Type of Aid||Undergraduate
(Min. Credit Req.)
(Min. Credit Req.)
|Federal Pell Grant||1||Not Eligible|
|Federal TEACH Grant||1||1|
|Federal Direct Loan||6||4|
|Federal Parent PLUS Loan||6||Not Eligible|
|Federal Graduate PLUS Loan||Not Eligible||4|
|Federal Work Study*||6||6|
|Ohio College Opportunity Grant||1||Not Eligible|
|Pennsylvania State Grant||6||Not Eligible|
*Enrollment not required during summer (eligibility may be limited)
**May vary depending on scholarship