Seven Receive Kent State University’s Most Prestigious Alumni Award
The Kent State University Alumni Association has announced the seven recipients of the 2017 Alumni Awards.
These awards recognize and honor alumni who, through leadership, character and hard work, have made exceptional contributions in their chosen field, in their communities and at Kent State.
The Alumni Association will honor the following recipients at a special ceremony on Oct. 13, 2017.
- Distinguished Alumni Award - Dr. Jennie S. Hwang, M.S. '71
- Professional Achievement Award - Gary O'Hara, '74
- Professional Achievement Award - Richard Benz, '73
- Kent State Advocacy Award - Elizabeth Bartz, '80, M.A. '82
- Distinguished Citizen Award - Paul Beatty, '87
- Outstanding New Professional Award - Dr. Anthony Limperos, '04, M.A. '06
- Golden Flash Award – Business Administration major, Marisa Stephens, '18
Congratulations to our 2017 recipients, and thank you for representing Kent State so well!
Visit the Alumni Association’s Awards page for more details regarding the event and recipients.