Pay It FLASH Forward Scholarship
students helping students
The Pay It Flash Forward Scholarship is an annual financial award given to an outstanding undergraduate student(s) who demonstrate a commitment to philanthropy. Every dollar received in support of this scholarship was contributed by someone in the Kent State community. This scholarship was created by you and for you! FLASHanthropy truly is an organization of students helping students!
To be considered for the scholarship, a student must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Complete the current year FAFSA to demonstrate financial need
- Complete the online scholarship application on the Student Financial Aid website Kent State Financial Aid Website
- Complete the scholarship essay
Meet Our 2019-2020 Scholarship Recipients:
- Emily Brockman
- "This scholarship spoke to me as community service is an important part of my collegiate life. I am grateful for this scholarship because I am funding my own higher education. Without Kent State and financial support, I wouldn't have been able to make my own impact on the world in efforts toward making it a better place for others."
- Danielle Lamboy
- Brianna Linkfield
- Melissa McCarley
- "I am extremely thankful that this organization chose to award me this scholarship. It will help assist with my pursuit of a nursing degree, which is my favorite thing about Kent State. The students and staff are the most incredible people and I am blessed to have them on my academic journey. I plan on demonstrating my philanthropic spirit by adopting families during the upcoming holidays to provide them with things they need."
- Madison Snodgrass
- "I am extremely grateful for this scholarship as it helps toward the cost of medical school. As the cost of medical school is very intimidating, I questioned whether it would be possible financially to attend med school but my family and friends encouraged me to no matter what. I am grateful to receive this scholarship because it lessens the financial burden of my education."
Former Scholarship Recipients:
- Uki O'Basuyi
- Kiarra Warren
- Thomas Niepsuj
- Walter Petzel
- Elena Neo Ern Hui
- Alexis Barbati
- Jensen Hykes
- Benjamin Bruening
- Abbagail Higgins
- Emily Verhovitz
If you have questions, please email us at FLASHANTHROPY@kent.edu, or call us at 330-672-1375.