Submit a Volunteer Opportunity
Volunteer opportunities provide alumni with meaningful and rewarding ways to give back to Kent State University while connecting with students and fellow Flashes. Alumni are seeking engagement with Kent State in a multitude of ways, such as guest speaking roles, committee member positions, event support, portfolio and resume review, recruitment, job shadowing, informational and mock interviews, networking and more.
All opportunities must be registered two months prior to the RSVP deadline for volunteers.
• Think about other volunteer opportunities that your department can offer
• Contact the Office of Alumni Relations to learn more about training for you and your department
• Visit our volunteer webpage at www.kent.edu/volunteer
For registered opportunities, the alumni office will:
• Send volunteer confirmation emails for upcoming opportunities, as well as thank you emails once they have completed their service
• Provide volunteer recognition throughout the year
• Supply thank you gifts for ‘high-profile’ volunteers
• Share semi-annual reports regarding your volunteers
• Post approved volunteer opportunities to our volunteer webpage
• Feature select opportunities in the monthly e-Flash (sent to all Kent State alumni) and share on social media.
In return, we ask that your department:
• Register your volunteer opportunities at least two months in advance of the registration deadline
• Designate a staff member to register opportunities and attend a brief training
• Help promote volunteer opportunities in departmental marketing pieces
• Provide alumni with a positive experience and share feedback with the alumni office
• Ensure volunteers complete any necessary liability waivers required by the university
Joy Wesoloski, firstname.lastname@example.org | 330-672-5368