Tuition Refund Appeals
TUITION REFUND APPEALS APPLICATIONS
Tuition Refund Appeals can be submitted for the following two reasons:
- For the Current Term. Non-attendance/participation applications being submitted for the current term (i.e. student never attended a course in Fall 2021 and is submitting an appeal during the Fall 2021 term) should be done by completing the Petition for Exception to Registration application found on the Registrar's Website.
- For a Prior Term: If the non-attendance/participation application is being submitted for a prior term, then students must attach verification of non-attendance/participation from the instructor of record for the class(es) to the Tuition Refund Appeal Application. The verification from the instructor must either:
- come from the instructor's kent.edu email address or
- submitted and signed on the College's official letterhead
Enrollment/attendance at another college/university.
- The appeal application must include an official verification of attendance at the other institution. The document can usually be requested through the school's Office of the Registrar.
Please visit the Tuition Refund Appeal FAQ webpage for more information about the Tuition Refund Appeal process. Students can also contact the One Stop for Student Services at (330) 672-6000 for more information about the Tuition Refund Appeals.
There is a two year limit on filing a refund appeal. Example: If a student is filing an appeal for the Fall 2019 term then it must be submitted to KSU by the official end date of the Fall 2021 term.
SUBMITTING A TUITION REFUND APPEAL APPLICATION
Students must be officially withdrawn from the class and/or classes for which the appeal is being submitted. Additional information about withdrawing from the course(s) can be found on the Registrar's Website.
APPLICATION REVIEW PROCESS
The tuition refund appeal applications are generally reviewed the first Wednesday of the month. Tuition refund appeals must be completed by the Wednesday before the scheduled meeting to be considered for the upcoming meeting. Students will be notified via email once their application has been reviewed and processed