PLANNING FOR THE REOPENING OF CAMPUSES
Kent State plans to resume residential living in August, and we are developing several scenarios to ensure an outstanding and safe experience for our students, faculty and staff.View More Information
Kent State's Current Status
Kent State applauds Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine’s proactive approach to keeping our state safe during the ongoing spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). To slow transmission of the virus and consistent with recommendations from state health authorities to limit large gatherings and practice physical distancing, Kent State is moving forward following preventative and proactive actions that include:
- Reopening activities related to Phase 2 (July 6-Aug. 14) of the university's four-phase reopening plan with a focus on:
- Practicing the Flashes Safe Seven.
- Introducing the KSU Student Pledge and return-to-work guidelines for faculty and staff.
- Preparing for Phase 3 (Aug. 17-26) of the university’s four-phase reopening plan with its focus on:
- The above Phase 2 reopening activities.
- Welcoming our Golden Flashes family to campus, as we plan for a staggered return of students.
- Coordinating pick up locations for the Flashes Take Care of Flashes Welcome Kits.
- Communicating the 10 Things for Kent State Students to Know about the Fall 2020 Semester.
Flashes Forge Ahead
Kent State is providing the research, experts and resources to help the fight against COVID-19 as the Kent State community and the world continue to move forward during this unique time.Visit the COVID-19 Hub