Kent State’s Coronavirus Response
- If you have questions regarding Coronavirus/COVID-19 please call 1-833-4ASKODH (1-833-427-5634) or email email@example.com.
- Kent State University's One Stop for Student Services is taking calls to answer questions and concerns at 330-672-6000.
Kent State's Modified Spring Schedule
Kent State applauds Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine’s proactive approach to keeping our state safe during the ongoing spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). On March 12, Gov. DeWine banned all indoor and outdoor events with more than 100 attendees and provided the estimate that the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Ohio will likely peak between late April and mid-May. As such, we will extend remote instruction of face-to-face courses for the remainder of this semester.
To slow transmission of the virus and consistent with recommendations from state health authorities to limit large gatherings and practice social distancing, Kent State is taking the following preventative and proactive actions:
- March 10-15: Face-to-face classes canceled.
- March 16-20: Classes will be held via remote instruction.
- March 23-29: Spring break will occur as scheduled.
- March 30-End of Spring Semester: Classes will be held via remote instruction.
- Student remote access resources: www.kent.edu/keeponlearning
- Faculty remote instruction resources: www.kent.edu/keeponteaching
- Staff remote instruction resources: www.kent.edu/keeponworking
- Technology support:contact TechHelp via support ticket or Live Chat with support staff; or call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 330-672-HELP.
- Campus events scheduled for campus locations through the end of the semester are canceled to avoid creating large gatherings. No additional spring semester events will be scheduled.
- Kent State is postponing all Spring Commencement ceremonies and pre-commencement celebrations. We are exploring alternate options and dates. More information will be provided at a later date.
- Kent State University regretfully announces cancellation of the May 4 50th Commemoration Weekend events, scheduled to take place May 1-4, 2020. Find information about refund processing, virtual commemoration planning and more details.
Continue to Take Preventative Measures
It is imperative that we take steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid large gatherings and follow social distancing recommendations of 6 feet.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your arm or a tissue.
- Avoid exposure to others who are sick.
- Stay home while you are ill (except to visit a healthcare professional) and avoid close contact with others.
- Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- General coronavirus FAQS, as addressed by Kent State University in response to university community
- Ohio Department of Health Fact Sheet: How do you know if it is the cold, flu or COVID-19? (PDF)
Additional information can be found here: