This COVID-19 dashboard provides data on positive COVID-19 cases related to Kent State University’s eight-campus system.View the Latest Updates
Kent State's Current COVID-19 Response
Kent State applauds Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine’s proactive approach to keeping our state safe during the ongoing spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). We must all do what’s right to stop the spread of the virus in our community and we've been focused on that by way of our reopening phases.
OHIO COVID RISK LEVEL
On Oct. 8, 2020, Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine announced that Portage County’s COVID-19 Risk Level has been raised to a Level 3 Red status. The Kent Campus resides in Portage County, and as such, must adhere to the state's guidelines for counties. Campuses may adjust operations when the state of Ohio COVID Risk Level status for their county is changed, including the addition of restrictions when the county risk level is raised, or the return to previous operations when the county risk level is lowered. As a result, please note:
- Visitors to Kent Campus residence halls will continue to be limited to Kent State students living on the Kent Campus.
- The delivery mode of all in-person courses remains the same until Thanksgiving break.
- The city of Kent instituted measures to deter students and other residents from holding large gatherings and parties when the City of Kent Council passed a new ordinance that allows for civil penalties to be levied against anyone who holds or attends gatherings of more than 10 people. Additionally, certain behaviors may be subject to discipline in accordance with Code of Student Conduct.
- Gov. Mike DeWine announced a statewide 21-day curfew for Nov. 19 through Dec. 10 requiring most retail establishments to close from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. each day, and residents to stay at home and be off the streets. In support of this curfew, on the Kent Campus:
- The University Library will close at 10 p.m. beginning Thursday before closing for the holiday shutdown from Nov. 21-28. The library will have reduced hours following Thanksgiving break.
- Dining services will continue to operate under its current schedule through the end of the week.
- Read the full email.