KSU Student Pledge
At Kent State University it is our priority to provide a safe and welcoming environment for students. As we know, Flashes take care of Flashes, and this will be an important part of our community response throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Now more than ever each student, along with faculty and staff members, will have to make a commitment to the Kent State community to ensure the well-being of our Golden Flashes family – both on and off campus.
To ensure good health for yourself and the Kent State community, Undergraduate Student Government (USG) and the Kent Interhall Council (KIC) ask you, as a Flash, to commit to the following community standards every day and to hold your peers accountable for following them as well.
- Wear a face covering.
- Cloth face coverings should completely cover a person’s nose, mouth and chin, with no gaps that would admit air to the nose, mouth or chin, to be effective.
- Keep community spaces (kitchens, laundry rooms, lounges) clean.
- Be mindful of physical distancing, especially in smaller spaces (elevators, restrooms, offices, dining facilities).
- Maintain good personal hygiene and wash your hands frequently.
- Clean high-touch surfaces frequently (cellphone, sink, desks).
- Abide by room occupancy limits.
- Stay home if showing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Comply with directions from health officials.
- Reach out to University Health Services if you have questions.
- Follow the Flashes Safe Eight (formerly the Flashes Safe Seven).
In this unprecedented time, USG and KIC are striving to provide a quality college experience while keeping everyone safe. By following these principles, you will help ensure the safety of our community and demonstrate Flashes take care of Flashes.