Fall Semester Virtual Town Hall Meeting for Staff on Aug. 19
Kent State University invites all staff to a virtual town hall meeting at noon on Thursday, Aug. 19, as university leaders answer questions related to the fall semester, specifically what to expect on campus during this time of COVID-19 testing and vaccinations.
Panelists for the town hall include:
- Manfred van Dulmen, Ph.D., chair of the Pandemic Leadership Committee, associate provost for academic affairs and dean of the Division of Graduate Studies.
- Julie Volcheck, M.S., assistant vice president for student affairs and director of University Health Services.
- Tara Smith, Ph.D., professor of epidemiology, College of Public Health.
- Melissa Zullo, Ph.D., professor of epidemiology and interim associate dean, College of Public Health.
- Jack Witt, MBA, MPA, J.D., vice president for human resources.
- Margaret (Peggy) Shadduck, Ph.D., vice president for Regional Campuses and dean of the College of Applied and Technical Studies.
The fall semester begins Thursday, Aug. 26.
Throughout the pandemic, the health and safety of every member of our Kent State community has been and will remain the primary driver behind every decision we make. With a substantial spread of the delta variant of COVID-19 across the country, we have returned to our previous practices of face coverings to ensure a safe start to the new academic year.
University leaders recently announced that face coverings are required indoors for everyone on all Kent State campuses, regardless of vaccination status. Face coverings also remain a requirement on all public transportation.
Current fall COVID-19 testing information may be found here.