Introducing the Flashes Safe Eight
The Flashes Safe Seven is now the Flashes Safe Eight!
Kent State University developed its Flashes Safe Seven safety principles last year to protect the university community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Now we are adding an extra step to keep us safe: Get a COVID-19 vaccine.
Flash Your Arm
Roll up your sleeve, “Flash your arm” and get vaccinated as soon as you are able.
Currently in Ohio, vaccines are being provided based on guidelines established by the state. If you are eligible to receive the vaccine through a COVID-19 vaccine provider now or in the future, we strongly encourage you to get it. Please be sure to regularly check our vaccine website for the latest information.
Adhering to the Flashes Safe Eight allows us to maintain the safest possible living, learning and working environment on all our campuses. Vaccines are an important tool in our strategy to stop the spread of COVID-19 and the best way to ensure a return to more traditional campus operations.
NEW! Flashes Safe Eight
- Always wear a double-layer cloth face covering in public.
- Practice good hand hygiene.
- Clean and sanitize your workspaces and common spaces throughout the day.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet from others.
- Self-monitor your health daily for COVID-19 symptoms, and do not go to class or work if you are ill.
- Reach out to the COVID Response Team at 330-672-2525 to report symptoms, ask health questions, seek treatment or arrange for a COVID-19 test.
- Demonstrate kindness and respect in all that we do – it’s the best way to show that Flashes Take Care of Flashes.
- Get a COVID-19 vaccination to protect yourself and others.