Important PARTA and Summit Street Construction Project Updates
The Summit Street: Building a Better Way improvement project continues this fall. Here is what you need to know:
- Two-way traffic has resumed in the construction area from Whitehall Boulevard to East Campus Center Drive.
- One-way, one-lane eastbound traffic will be maintained from Fraternity Circle to East Campus Center Drive.
- The north end of Ted Boyd Drive remains closed while work continues on the first roundabout, meaning the only entrance to the Student Recreation and Wellness Center is from the south end of Ted Boyd Drive, via Campus Center Drive.
- The first roundabout by Johnston and Ted Boyd Drive will be completed this fall. More information, including a “how to navigate a roundabout” video, will be shared to educate motorists, cyclists and pedestrians when the open date is confirmed.
- The entrance to Johnston Drive from Summit Street will remain closed until the first roundabout is completed. The C-Science and R8 lot can be accessed from Loop Road. Cars may exit Johnston Drive from the intersection but may only go eastbound.
- For up-to-date construction and traffic updates, visit www.kent.edu/summitstreet/news-announcements.
- Questions about the construction project should be sent to email@example.com or call the city of Kent’s Division of Engineering at 330-678-8106.
PARTA Announces Changes to Some Bus Routes for Fall 2016 Semester
- NEW: Route 54, Summit Street Express – This service will run from the Dix Stadium up Summit Street to Campus Center Drive to the Kent Student Center. The return trip will be Summit Street to Dix Stadium.
- Route 56, Downtowner – Due to extremely low ridership on this route, this service will no longer operate.
- Route 58, Summit East/Front Campus (Monday-Friday) – Buses will run up Summit Street to Loop Road. This route will provide service back to Whitehall Terrace and University Townhomes (service to these two stops was recently restored as part of PARTA’s summer route).
For exact bus schedules and maps of all PARTA routes, visit www.partaonline.org/ride-parta/maps-schedules/.