Will Kent State Participate in the 2017 On the Move Corporate Challenge?
Kent State University will again participate in the On the Move Challenge, a 12-week, national corporate competition. This physical activity challenge is like no other in that the points you earn as an individual will get your team, Team Kent State, one step closer to a designation as one of the most active employers in the country. Last year, we finished 29th in this national competition. In 2017, we can move up that leader board.
All full- and part-time employees who register for On the Move Challenge will engage in real time. The platform provides live interaction so participants can boost their Kent State peers across all departments and campuses. In addition, eligible employees can earn 60 Tier Two Wellness Your Way Points. See the Wellness Your Way webpage for details.
Get Started by Registering Today
Starting today, you can register here, enter company code KentStateMoves, if requested.
1. The challenge officially begins on April 3.
2. Beginning April 3, participants can track their activity by answering a few simple questions about their movement or by syncing a wearable fitness device or pedometer. (A device is not required, but you may link a device if you have one. This can be done at the time you set up your profile, if you so choose.)
3. Each week, participants will have the opportunity to assess their progress, share their goals and support their co-workers in achieving the goals they have set for themselves!
4. This challenge is for everyone, regardless of fitness level – marathon runner to exercise beginner.
5. Team Kent State points will be tallied each week, and we will be able to track how we are doing on the “real time” competition dashboard.
This exciting nationwide workplace fitness competition was designed by WELCOA, the nation’s premier resource for workplace wellness, to be the first of its kind to get people moving, having fun and feeling their best. Use #HealthyKSU on social media to share efforts.