University Libraries faculty are provided with $75 in research support per fiscal year, which can be applied to Design Solutions (e.g., for poster sessions materials, etc.), Campus Copy Connection, or Interlibrary Loan/InfoExpress (ILL, photocopying, or Dissertation Express) charges. These charges do not accumulate if they are not used during the fiscal year. Unused funds may not be transferred to other faculty members. All UL CBU tenure-track faculty and faculty with administrative appointments, including Regional Campus librarians and directors, may apply for funding. This funding does not apply to term or non-tenure track faculty.
Stipend Support for Faculty Research
- When placing orders with Instruction Graphics or ILL/InfoExpress, please use the UL account (100210) so that the department may treat these charges as an IDC.
- Once an estimate for charges for a project or request(s) are known, submit these charges to the Chair of the UL Professional Development and Standards Committee (PDSC). The Chair of the PDSC will maintain a spreadsheet to record these charges.
- If final charges differ from the estimate, please submit these costs to the Chair of the PDSC, who will make final adjustments.
- The spreadsheet shall be submitted to the Dean, University Libraries at the end of each fiscal year.
- A report to the Faculty shall be made at the early fall faculty meeting regarding the previous fiscal yearOs charges.
- Faculty shall be reminded via email each semester that this support is available to them.
- Questions shall be directed to the Chair, PDSC.
Approved by CAC, 5/7/03
Editorial change to paragraph one made 10/18/07