Requirements for recommendations:
For consideration, these criteria must be met. The recommended student must be:
- Currently in foster care in Ashtabula, Columbiana, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Mahoning, Portage, Summit, Stark, Trumbull or Tuscarawas counties.
- Currently enrolled in the 8th, 9th or 10th grade.
- Able and willing to participate in the four-week residential component at the university and monthly Saturday sessions.
- Maintaining at least a 2.3 GPA and 90% attendance in current and previous school year* (some exceptions for extenuating circumstances).
- Demonstrating maturity and potential to thrive in a college-prep setting.
Process for submitting recommendations:
- Verify that all criteria are fulfilled by the candidate.
- The candidate/student must complete the Student Background Form and Responses.
- Complete the Adult Recommendation portion of the application.
- Obtain student’s most recent transcript, attendance record and discipline log from current school.
- Submit the entire application packet electronically to the email address below (student application, adult recommendation, school records). Applications are accepted on a rolling basis: email@example.com
Acceptance will be on a rolling basis, so once a scholar’s application has been received and accepted, the new scholar will be immediately invited to begin participating in the virtual Saturday Academy.
Email Danielle Green-Welch at firstname.lastname@example.org.