Requirements for recommendations:
For consideration, these criteria must be met. The recommended student must be:
- Currently in foster care in Ashtabula, Columbiana, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Mahoning, Portage, Summit, Stark, Trumbull or Tuscarawas county;
- Currently enrolled in the 8th grade;
- Able and willing to participate in the four-week residential component at the university and monthly Saturday sessions;
- Maintaining at least a 2.3 GPA and 90% attendance in current and previous school year* (some exceptions for extenuating circumstances);
- At least 13 years of age at the time of application submission;
- Demonstrates maturity and potential to thrive in a college-prep setting.
Process for submitting recommendations:
- Verify that all criteria are a fulfilled by the candidate.
- The candidate/student must complete the Student Background Form and Responses.
- Complete the Adult Recommendation portion of the application.
- Obtain student’s most recent transcript, attendance record and discipline log from current school.
- Mail the entire application packet (student application, adult recommendation, school records) by Feb. 21, 2020, to: Danielle Green-Welch, 205C Cartwright Hall, Kent, OH 44242.
Once all applications are received, students selected for the program will be contacted for an interview and final selections will be made by March 24, 2020.
Email Danielle Green-Welch at email@example.com.