The Office of the General Counsel (GC) periodically conducts seminars for the purpose of educating the university community about legal issues.
This site contains much of the material from those seminars, as well as materials and opinions from the GC regarding a variety of issues. Please contact the GC Office at 330-672-2982 if you have any questions or need information on a subject not listed here.
"Legal Briefs" appears in e-Inside monthly to keep faculty and staff informed of legal issues and their implications. Content is provided by the Office of General Counsel, whose mission is to ensure high-quality legal services to Kent State University in a timely, cost-effective manner, to reduce litigation and to ensure legal compliance.
Attorney-Client Privilege (11/7/16)
Protective and Restraining Orders (1/21/13)
What is Attorney-Client Privilege? (4/8/13)
University Trademarks (9/16/13)
Hiring International Employees (10/19/15)
Copyright Infringement Claims (11/16/15)
Raffles and Other Schemes of Chance (01/18/16)
- Navigating the Legal Landscape for University Administrators
- FAQs on Email Record Retention
- FAQs on H1B Visas
- Intellectual Property Theft Presentation
- Guidelines for Recruiting & Hiring International Employees and Faculty
- International Recruitment Checklist for Permanent Residency (Faculty)
- International Recruitment Checklist for Permanent Residence Requirements (Professional)
- Ohio Ethics Commission
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Ohio Attorney General's Office
- Ohio Civil Rights Commission
- Ohio Revised Code