Project Shield American (PSA) for Academia
The Office of General Counsel encourages open communication among administrators, trustees, officers, faculty, staff and student leaders in working to reduce legal risks for the university.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement together with Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) have an outreach program with academia, Project Shield America (PSA) Academia, in an effort to:
· Seek greater compliance and awareness of export control laws
· Prevent the inadvertent violation of export control laws in academia
· Seek cooperation from academic institutions in protecting controlled technology from illegal export and reverse engineering
· Establish more formal and informal dialogue through stronger government/academic partnerships
· Enhance U.S. National Security