Research Writing Retreat for Graduate Students
The Graduate College is committed to doing whatever it takes to help you succeed. In doing so, we’re excited to offer Research Writing Retreats for Graduate Students during the academic year. Our program has been developed to help provide you with a quiet space so you can remain focused on your writing as well as network with other colleagues. Plus, we will be providing you all of your meals in one place, so you don't have to break your focus by leaving to eat.
Research Writing Retreat will give students:
- A quiet space with computers (or bring your own laptop).
- Structured time to write.
- Opportunities to schedule statistical consulting appointments leading up to the weekend, (only available for Kent State students).
- Meals throughout the days of attendance, in addition to lots of coffee and tea.
- The opportunity to meet other students working on their writing.
- The opportunity to make connections for developing writing and support groups outside of the retreat.
- Resource materials related to research and writing.
Some of the progress that students made over our Research Writing Retreat for Graduate Students included:
- Completing drafts of two chapters.
- Completing half of a research proposal.
- Determining their sample procedure and reviewing the first three chapters to make them more parallel.
- Reorganizing their paper and correcting formatting issues.
Information for the Spring 2024 Retreat is coming soon!
*Payment is $30 for two consecutive days of Retreat or $20 for one day of Retreat.
We are committed to accessible and inclusive events. If you need disability accommodations, please contact the Graduate College at email@example.com.
If you have questions about Research Writing Retreat for Graduate Students, please contact the Graduate College at firstname.lastname@example.org.