The University Fellowship is awarded annually to advanced doctoral students to recognize excellent scholarship and research potential. University Fellowship recipients are able to commit their time to dissertation research or writing. Each doctoral department/school may nominate up to two University Fellowships.
University Fellowship recipients receive a doctoral level assistantship appointment for the Fall semester, and a non-service University Fellowship appointment for the Spring semester. The stipend amount for Fall will be one-half an academic year doctoral stipend (funded by the department/school/college). The stipend amount for Spring will be one-half an academic year doctoral stipend (funded by the Graduate College). Fees for dissertation registration during both semesters will be funded by the recipient’s department/school/college.
- Full-time doctoral status.
- Admitted to candidacy by date of nomination.
- Enrollment in Dissertation II during Fall and Spring semesters of the fellowship year.
- Outstanding scholarship and research potential.
University Fellowship recipients receive a doctoral level service appointment for Fall semester and a non-service University Fellowship appointment for Spring semester.
Nomination and Selection:
- Students must be nominated by their program/department. Graduate coordinators should submit all nominations to the Graduate College at email@example.com.
- Nominations are due by February 15. Late nominations will not be accepted.
- All nominees are reviewed by a committee comprised of faculty representing various ranks and disciplines. Recipients are selected by the Dean of the Graduate College.
- For questions, please contact Alexxus Sidney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application window for the 2023-2024 academic year has closed.
If you are selected to receive a scholarship, fellowship, graduate assistantship, tuition waiver or any other award, your current financial aid offer, including student loans, could be reduced. If you would like to know how your financial aid offer may be affected by another award, please contact One Stop for Student Services for assistance. To learn more about taxes on scholarships and fellowships, visit the Tax and Treasury Services webpage.