- Please give a short overview of your research.
My research is to study why cyanobacteria can out compete other phytoplankton and become dominant in freshwater systems using metagenomic and metatranscriptomic methods. This information can be used to help make management decisions related to cyanobacterial harmful algal blooms.
- What made you choose to pursue your graduate degree here at Kent State?
The major reason I chose to study at KSU is because of the research opportunities provided by KSU and the Departmental of Biological Sciences.
- What do you enjoy most about attending Kent State for graduate school?
I enjoy a lot of things here, but what I enjoy the most is the academic support. For example, the domestic/international travel award, research award and university fellowship.
- What are your future goals?
I hope to eventually find employment at an academic institute.
- What does this award mean to you and how will it aid you?
With this University Fellowship, I will have more time to focus on writing my dissertation, preparing my dissertation defense and publishing more manuscripts.