The University Fellowship is awarded annually to advanced doctoral students to recognize excellent scholarship and research potential. University Fellowship recipients are able to commit their time to dissertation research or writing. Each doctoral department/school may nominate up to two University Fellowships.
University Fellowship recipients receive a doctoral level assistantship appointment for the Fall semester, and a non-service University Fellowship appointment for the Spring semester. The stipend amount for Fall will be one-half an academic year doctoral stipend (funded by the department/school/college). The stipend amount for Spring will be one-half an academic year doctoral stipend (funded by the Division of Graduate Studies). Fees for dissertation registration during both semesters will be funded by the recipient’s department/school/college.
- Full-time doctoral status.
- Admitted to candidacy by date of nomination.
- Enrollment in Dissertation II during Fall and Spring semesters of the fellowship year.
- Outstanding scholarship and research potential.
University Fellowship recipients receive a doctoral level service appointment for Fall semester and a non-service University Fellowship appointment for Spring semester. Recipients also receive a certificate of recognition.
Nomination and Selection:
- Students must be nominated by their program/department. Graduate coordinators should submit all nominations to Graduate Studies at email@example.com.
- Nominations are due by February 15. Late nominations will not be accepted.
- All nominees are reviewed by a committee comprised of faculty representing various ranks and disciplines. Recipients are selected by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- For questions, please contact Shelby Burkhart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are selected to receive a scholarship, fellowship, graduate assistantship, tuition waiver or any other award, your current financial aid offer, including student loans, could be reduced. If you would like to know how your financial aid offer may be affected by another award, please contact One Stop for Student Services for assistance.
Nominations for the 2022-2023 academic year are now being accepted. The deadline to submit your nomination to email@example.com is 11:59pm EST on February 15th.