The University Fellowship is awarded annually to advanced doctoral students to recognize excellent scholarship and research potential. University Fellowship recipients are able to commit their time to dissertation research or writing. Each doctoral department/school may nominate up to two University Fellowships.
University Fellowship recipients receive a doctoral level assistantship appointment for the Fall semester, and a non-service University Fellowship appointment for the Spring semester. The stipend amount for Fall will be one-half an academic year doctoral stipend (funded by the department/school/college). The stipend amount for Spring will be one-half an academic year doctoral stipend (funded by the Division of Graduate Studies). Fees for dissertation registration during both semesters will be funded by the recipient’s department/school/college.
- Full-time doctoral status.
- Admitted to candidacy by date of nomination.
- Enrollment in Dissertation II during Fall and Spring semesters of the fellowship year.
- Outstanding scholarship and research potential.
University Fellowship recipients receive a doctoral level service appointment for Fall semester and a non-service University Fellowship appointment for Spring semester. Recipients also receive a certificate of recognition.
Nomination and Selection:
- Students must be nominated by their program/department. Graduate coordinators should submit all nominations to Tiffany Lewis at email@example.com.
- Nominations are due by February 15. Late nominations will not be accepted.
- All nominees are reviewed by a committee comprised of faculty representing various ranks and disciplines. Recipients are selected by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
- For questions, please contact Tiffany Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All nominations must be submitted to email@example.com by February 15 in order to be considered for this award.