Educational Leave

A leave of absence without pay may be granted for a maximum period of two (2) years for the purposes of education, when such education would result in professional growth and development that would be of benefit to the university. The determination of whether the request for leave should be granted rests solely with the appropriate appointment authority. Renewal or extension beyond the two (2) year period is not authorized.

Employees are required to record Educational Leave as Unpaid Leave. 

A Personnel Action Form (PAF) should be completed for Educational Leaves granted for more than six (6) months.