The following employees(s) are eligible to receive donated leave at this time:
|Dana Arch||University Housing|
|Joseph Reed||Custodial Services|
|Rebecca Urycki||College of Arts & Sciences|
The Leave Donation Program (Policy 3342-6-11.4) establishes guidelines for transferring sick/vacation leave to employees who experience a continuing disability due to non-work related illness or injury.
Eligibility Criteria for Receiving Donated Leave
In order to receive donated leave by another employee, all of the following criteria must be met:
- The employee must have been employed by the university for a minimum of one year and have completed probationary period (where appropriate); have no prior record of disciplinary action related to the abuse of leave time or absenteeism.
- Have exhausted all accrued sick leave, vacation time, and compensatory leave.
- Not currently receiving any other form of compensation including Long- term/Short term disability, State Retirement or Worker's Compensation payment.
- The recipient (Donee) must submit the following documents:
a. Donee Leave Request Form (PDF)
b. Request for Leave of Absence Form (PDF) (non-AFSCME)
c. Request for Leave of Absence Form - AFSCMM (PDF) (supervisor signature required)
d. Request for Family and Medical Leave Form (PDF)
e. Certification of Health Care Provider Form (to be completed by a physician) To obtain this form, you must contact the Benefits Department at 330-672-3107.
All supporting documentation must be received prior to approval for leave donation. Completed forms are to be returned to the Benefits Department located in Heer Hall on the Kent campus.
Criteria for Donating Leave-Donor
- Donating employee must be currently active on Kent State University's payroll.
- Must have a minimum sick leave balance of 240 hours.
- May not donate more than maximum of 80 sick hours (10 days) within a calendar year (Jan. 1 through Dec. 31).
- In addition, may donate a maximum of 80 vacation hours (10 days) within a calendar year (Jan. 1 through Dec. 31).
- Employees separating may donate a maximum of 80 hours of sick and/or vacation leave while still active on the university payroll.
- To donate leave time to an eligible employee, log into Flashline and access the link for the Leave Donation Program through the Employee Resources - “My Earnings and Benefit Elections.
If you have any questions regarding the Leave Donation program, please contact the Benefits Department at 330-672-3107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.