Research Leave

The special research leave will be granted to faculty members without pay who are authorized to take a leave of absence with approval of the department chairperson, collegial dean and vice provost for academic and student affairs or designee. 

The special research leave based on an offer of a research fellowship or other research appointment, for which no university financial support is requested, at another university, research center, institute, or recognized research or scholarly organization.  The notation “special research leave” will be entered on the faculty member’s record in place of “leave of absence” for the period of the leave in the same manner as the leave of absence is now entered.

For more information or questions, contact Academic Personnel at