AFSCME Perfect Attendance Program
Article 28 Sick Leave – Section P
A Perfect Attendance Program
During the 2020 negotiations between AFSCME Local 153, Ohio Council 8 and Kent State University, a Perfect Attendance Program was agreed upon. Below you will find information regarding the program and a link to complete the form.
1. How to Qualify:
KSU’s Perfect Attendance Program rewards eligible AFSCME Local 153 full time bargaining unit members who have not been absent due to the following for any given quarter within a calendar year:
- Sick Leave (other than scheduled in advance – minimum of 24 hours’ notice).
- Compensatory time or vacation leave used in lieu of sick leave (a person who has used all of their sick time and now must use compensatory time or vacation leave are not eligible).
- Absent without pay leave.
- Disciplinary time off.
2. Qualification for Perfect Attendance is administered by the payroll system in cooperation with Human Resources.
3. Definition of Calendar Year:
For bargaining unit members that participate in the Perfect Attendance Program, the applicable calendar year base periods are as follows:
- First quarter: January 1 through March 31
- Second quarter: April 1 through June 30
- Third quarter: July 1 through September 30
- Fourth quarter: October 1 through December 31
Full time Bargaining Unit members, who have submitted the appropriate request form for the previous quarter’s Perfect Attendance award and who have met the criteria are eligible for Perfect Attendance rewards. The reward is $50 per qualifying quarter for a maximum of $200 per calendar year.
5. Due date of Request Form
A request form must be received before the end of the quarter in which the employee is requesting the reward.
- First quarter: January 1 through March 31 request form due June 30
- Second quarter: April 1 through June 30 request form due September 30
- Third quarter: July 1 through September 30 request form due December 31
- Fourth quarter: October 1 through December 31 request form due March 31
APPLICATIONS ARE ONLY BEING ACCEPTING FOR THE THIRD QUARTER 2021.
Complete the AFSCME Perfect Attendance Request Form. To receive a paper copy of the AFSCME Perfect Attendance Request Form, or if you have questions call (330) 672-4636.