The goal of the Employee Relations unit in Human Resources is to develop a highly skilled organization that strives to maximize individual potential by proactively developing employees and enhancing a positive, constructive, and efficient work environment. The university recognizes the importance of positive employee relations and for providing avenues to assist employees in resolving issues that may affect their job performance.
Employee Relations services include working with managers and employees to develop processes to improve performance and enhance communications at all levels. This includes performance management tools, team development, meeting facilitation, and change management.
Additional areas of responsibility for the Employee Relations office include:
- Develop plans to support human resources initiatives that enhance the working environment at Kent State University such as change management, turnover reduction, improved employee relations, and other human resource topics as necessary to meet the varying needs of the university.
- Coach, mentor and train supervisors and management in the areas of employee management, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, and other human resources topics.
- Develop working relationships with supervisors and management and cooperatively develop solutions based on sound human resources and business practices.
- Ensure compliance with human resources policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local requirements; audit and enforce adherence to requirements; render opinions and advise management on needed actions.
- Collaborate with the Training & Development department and Organizational Design department to identify learning opportunities for organizational units.
Please select a resource to the left to learn more.
For more information, contact Karen Watson, Employee and Labor Relations Director, at email@example.com, or (330) 672-4636.