What is the ADEA? Or FLSA? How about ADAAA? Does your mind spin trying to keep up with constantly changing employment laws? Can you spot or prevent sexual harassment in the workplace? What should you do if a harassment complaint is brought to your attention? This workshop examines what supervisors and managers should know to maintain a working knowledge of federal and state laws/regulations that impact employment at Kent State.
Through Employment Law and Harassment Prevention, you will gain:
- A fundamental understanding of the following laws:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act as Amended (ADAAA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Insight to the role a supervisor plays in preventing harassment in the workplace
This workshop is designed for managers and supervisors, but relevant for all faculty and staff.
This workshop counts as 4 hours toward your annual Beyond Compliance goal.