At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Experience Designer Lead within PNC's Digital Team, you will be based in Pittsburgh. Experience Designer Leads drive user experience strategy and interaction design to create products that engage and inspire. They have a strong understanding of design thinking, human-centered design, responsive design, user interface design, prototyping, accessibility issues, and are fluent in the latest technology trends. They are design leaders, innovative problem solvers, self starters, and strong collaborators who excel in a fast paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities of Job
- Transforms complex tasks into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs through the entire experience lifecycle, from the first-time user to the expert.
- Leads and guides the discovery of customer and business needs through contextual inquiries, generative and quantitative research.
- Uncovers customer latent needs and creates vision to meet those needs.
- Sets the design direction and strategy.
- Leads others to execute visual, information, interaction and service design elements of the initiative that meets business and customer needs and delights customers.
- Communicates the initiative and product to others, including senior management, through user journeys, storyboards, prototypes, wireframes and other materials.
- Sets the direction for usability of new and existing products, makes adjustments to align with shifting customer expectations.
- Establish research methods and strategies, conduct studies, and present findings that will inform improvements in the customer experience.
- Coaches and mentors junior staff; Assists management team in training new staff.
Required Job Application Skills
Working Experience Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Extensive Experience Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions. Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Preferred Job Application Skills
Business Analytics - Working Experience
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Creativity - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of the approaches, tools, and techniques for promoting creative, original thinking and ability to apply it to a variety of business situations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Group Facilitation - Extensive Experience
- Ability to design and facilitate a group process, elicit contributions from group members, stimulate a focused group discussion, and achieve a desired outcome.
User Interface Design - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of activities, practices, deliverables and considerations; ability to design effective graphic user interfaces for delivery of information to the client's desktop workstation.
Requirements Analysis - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of methods and techniques to elicit, analyze and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements; ability to analyze these requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project.
User Experience Design - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of user experience design tools, techniques and approaches; ability to design applications that are valued, positively perceived and used by clients.
Graphic Visualization - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of visualization tools and techniques and ability to create visual images of ideas, concepts and physical objects to communicate abstract or concrete messages to a target audience.
Product Development Life Cycle - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to develop products and bring them into the marketplace.
Solutions Development - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to assess customer needs and provide solutions for them.
Date that application closes
Open Until Filled