Georgia State University Library
Outreach Librarian (2 openings)
Part Time or Full Time
Location of organization
Position & Job Description
The University Library is hiring two (2) forward-thinking and collegial outreach librarians to support key areas of research, teaching, and learning from across the University, with particular focus on:
- Global Studies
- Public Health
- Other disciplines as defined by need and interest
Training and support will be provided to librarians who may be new to outreach services or to supporting the needs of specific disciplines. Interested persons from any stage of their career are invited to apply. Working closely with assigned departments and programs in a collaborative and team-based environment, Outreach Librarians provide individual and small-group consultations, workshops, and instruction in information and resource use. Librarians at GSU have a strong commitment to student learning and success and are expected to collaborate with library and campus colleagues serving the wide variety of colleges and programs.
We welcome information professionals eager to partner with faculty in their research and teaching and work with students at all levels in learning the information tools and skills needed to succeed in college and career. These positions serve as members of the library faculty (12-month; non-tenure track), hold faculty rank, and are expected to participate in service and scholarly activities as outlined in the University Library’s faculty guidelines. The library is committed to providing exceptional professional development opportunities to its employees.
Required Job Application Skills
- One of the following: Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program OR a graduate degree in a related field with a commitment to completing a Master’s in Library and/or Information Science degree within five (5) years of employment
- Strong ability to work effectively with culturally diverse library users and colleagues
- Understanding of the rapidly changing role of the academic library and librarian in higher education
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
How To Apply (link and instructions)
Submit a cover letter addressing the above qualifications; resume/CV; name, address and phone number of three references. Review of materials will begin June 28, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
Send materials, pdf format preferred, to:
Human Resources Officer
Date that Application Closes