Geisinger Health Sciences Libraries
Part Time or Full Time
Location of organization
Scranton or Danville PA
Position & Job Description
The informationist will be a member of the informationist team that aims to develop and deliver innovative services enabling clients to effectively identify and use information in their work processes. Each informationist focuses on a specific client community in the areas of education, clinical practice, or research. Other responsibilities include working with departments and project groups to meet specific information needs, participating in the libraries’ research service, and collaborating to develop user-focused collections.
Duties and Responsibilities of Job
- Develops and delivers information products, tools, and services to optimize access to and use of information for research
- Serves as an expert on issues of scholarly communications, including compliance with funder requirements for publishing and research data management, open access, copyright, and documenting the impact of research through publication or other metrics
- Consults with researchers to develop information search strategies and to review information management tools and methods
- Develops and provides specialized instruction through classes, group training sessions, and online instruction to enable clients to be self-sufficient in finding and managing information.
- Contributes content to the libraries’ websites and other media to assist clients with research, to promote use of library resources and services, and to inform clientele of other relevant information
Required Job Application Skills
- Master's Degree in Related Field -Required
- One year of experience working with research teams and participating in or advising on the publication of research findings -Required
Preferred Job Application Skills
- PhD in a biomedical, information sciences, or related field or Master's Degree in Library Science -Preferred
- One year of experience working in an academic or health sciences library-Preferred
How To Apply (link and instructions)
To view the complete posting and submit an application, visit our website and search for Job ID 66411. Please submit one file that contains both your CV and a cover letter. Applications received by September 30, 2020, will be given priority consideration.
Date that Application Closes
Applications received by September 30, 2020, will be given priority consideration.