What is the plan for dining locations?
Dining Services has implemented all coronavirus-safe practices and guidelines established by Kent State with the Flashes Safe Eight principles, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the state of Ohio and the local department of health. Students, faculty, staff and guests will see visual representations of our efforts, including signage, frequent sanitation methods, floor stickers and other turnkey solutions to promote social distancing.
What dining locations will be open for summer and fall 2021?
- Dining location hours of operations can be found here: www.kent.edu/dining/hours.
are there be gluten-free dining options?
Not only is there a Gluten Solutions station at the new Design Innovation Building, but there is also a gluten-friendly station located in the other all-you-care-to-eat facility, Eastway Fresh Food Company. Items at the True Balance station in Eastway are made without seven of the top eight major allergens, including wheat, and also exclude all barley and rye products. This station is completely segregated from other stations and includes its own storage and preparation area. You can read more about this station here: www.kent.edu/dining/true-balance-station.
You can also find our online menu system for on-campus dining locations here: https://kent.campusdish.com/. This site allows you to view menu items and their allergens, and it even lets you filter out all items containing gluten.
Do I need to wear a face covering in dining halls?
We expect students to follow the Flashes Safe Eight principles while in any public area of the dining locations to help reduce the risk of spreading the coronavirus. For up-to-date information on facial covering requirements, please see Facial Covering and Social Distancing Guidelines.
What cleaning protocols are in place in the dining locations?
While the university has always placed a priority on the cleaning of public spaces, including dining locations, maintaining a safe environment begins with our cleaning and sanitation process. We have enhanced our sanitation practices to protect our school environment.
There is an emphasis on repeated cleaning of high-touch areas, such as door handles, tables, trays and other materials that are used frequently. Surfaces are regularly sanitized with approved chemicals.
- The university is providing ample hand sanitizer stations throughout dining facilities. In addition, self-service sanitizing stations are stocked with supplies to provide students the opportunity to ensure personal spaces and surfaces are sanitized before using facilities in the dining facilities.
- Standardized university signage has been installed throughout the dining locations that helps guide and direct students to ensure physical distancing standards are being followed.
What policy changes are occurring to help reduce the possible spread of the coronavirus?
To reduce the possible spread of the coronavirus, all students are expected to comply with the Flashes Safe Eight principles.
Other practices to help reduce the possible spread of the coronavirus include:
- Focusing on repeated cleaning of high-touch areas, such as door handles, tables, trays and other materials that are used frequently. Surfaces are regularly sanitized with approved chemicals.
- Providing hand sanitizer stations throughout student residence and dining facilities. In addition, self-service sanitizing stations are stocked with supplies to provide students the opportunity to ensure that personal spaces and surfaces are sanitized before using facilities in the residence and dining facilities.
- Installing standardized university signage throughout the campus that helps guide and direct students to ensure that physical distancing standards are being followed.
Meal Plan Logistics
What if I have more questions about meal plans or dining?
If you have any other questions about meal plans, you can contact Dining Services by calling 330-672-2541 or by emailing email@example.com.