Free Ice Skating in Downtown Kent
Kent Skates will open Nov. 19, 2022, through Feb. 26, 2023. This outdoor ice skating rink is free and open to the public.
The skating rink will be closed:
- Jan. 22.
- Jan. 25 from 3:30-7 p.m. for a private event.
Erie Street will be closed from Nov. 1, 2022, through March 7, 2023.
Use of the rink is free, along with free skate rental.
Hours of Operation
Kent Skates operates within these business hours (unless otherwise indicated):
- Monday-Tuesday – Closed to public but available for group reservations
- Wednesday-Sundays – 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
About the Downtown Location
This special attraction has been created through a partnership between the city of Kent, the Kent State Hotel and Conference Center, the Kent Area Chamber of Commerce, Main Street Kent and Kent State University.
This seasonal rink is located on a section of East Erie Street, in downtown Kent, between St. Rt. 59 (Haymaker Parkway) and South Depeyster Street, between the PARTA parking deck and the Kent State University Hotel and Conference Center. This section of East Erie Street will be closed from Oct. 15 until March 15 to allow for setup and takedown of the rink.
The location features food and beverages at a snack bar, the Zamboni Café, and visits from food trucks. Plus, the restaurants and shops of downtown Kent are just steps away.
Special Events & Reservation
- $25/HR, for up to 4 hours
- Please note that reservations can only be booked on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Please contact University Events & Conference Services at 330-672-3202 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your private event.
A Community Partnership