- Contact the person who helps you with your account or insurance policy, such as your broker, banker or insurance agent, and ask them to send you a new beneficiary designation form.
- Complete and sign the form, make a copy for yourself and mail the original back to your broker, banker or agent.
- Contact us to inform us you have included us in your estate plan.
- When you pass away, your account or insurance policy will be paid or transferred to us, consistent with the wishes you outlined in your beneficiary designation form.
Beneficiary Designation Gifts
Another easy and affordable way you can support Kent State University or WKSU is through a Beneficiary Designation Gift. Simply designate us as a beneficiary of a retirement, investment or bank account, or of your life insurance policy.
Why a Beneficiary Designation Gift?
- Direct your support to your specific area of interest
- Retain access to your funds throughout your lifetime
- Flexible giving - support us while also supporting other heirs
- Can easily be adjusted throughout your lifetime if your circumstances change
- No need to see an attorney
- Reduce taxes on income passed to heirs
- Potential reduction of estate taxes
Please contact us with any questions about beneficiary designation gifts.