Charitable Lead Trust
Establishing a Charitable Lead Trust is a great way to have a significant impact on Kent State or WKSU now while reducing or eliminating estate taxes when you leave assets to your family. Contact us to discuss minimum funding needed.
Why Establish a Charitable Lead Trust?
- Receive a gift or estate tax charitable deduction
- Pass inheritance on to family at a reduced or zero cost
- Establish a vehicle from which you can make annual gifts to Kent State or WKSU
- The only type of planned gift that can be used at Kent State or WKSU to fund capital projects
How a Charitable Lead Trust Works
- You make a contribution of your property to fund a trust that pays Kent State or WKSU income for a number of years
- You receive a gift or estate tax deduction at the time of your gift
- After a period of time, your family receives the trust assets plus any additional growth in value
There are various types of lead trusts to choose from. Please contact us to discuss which is the best option for your needs, or with any other questions.