- You transfer cash or assets to fund a charitable remainder annuity trust.
- In the case of a trust funded with appreciated assets, the trust will then sell the assets tax-free.
- The trust is invested to pay fixed income to you or any other trust beneficiaries you select based on a life, lives or a term of up to 20 years.
- You receive an income tax deduction in the year you transfer assets to the trust.
- Leave a lasting legacy to Kent State or WKSU from what remains in the trust after all the trust payments have been made.
Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
If you are planning the sale of an appreciated asset and are concerned with capital gains taxes, or if you recently sold property and are looking for a way to save on taxes this year and plan for retirement and are looking for stable income each year, this may be the ideal resource for you. To establish a charitable remainder unitrust, a minimum investment of $50,000 is required.
Why Establish a Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
- Receive fixed income for life or a term of up to 20 years
- Avoid capital gains tax on the sale of your appreciated assets
- Receive an immediate charitable income tax deduction for a portion of your gift
- Leave a lasting legacy to Kent State University or WKSU
Please contact us with any questions about a charitable remainder annuity trust.