- You transfer cash or assets to fund a charitable remainder unitrust.
- If the trust funded with appreciated assets, the trust will then sell the assets tax-free.
- The trust is invested to pay income to you or any other trust beneficiaries you select based on a life, lives, a term of up to 20 years or a life plus a term of up to 20 years.
- You receive an income tax deduction in the year you transfer assets to the trust.
- Kent State or WKSU benefits from what remains in the trust after all the trust payments have been made.
Charitable Remainder Unitrust
If you are planning the sale of an appreciated asset and are concerned with capital gains taxes, or if you recently sold property and are looking for a way to save on taxes this year and plan for retirement, this may be the ideal resource for you. To establish a charitable remainder unitrust, a minimum investment of $50,000 is required.
Why Establish a Charitable Remainder Unitrust?
- Receive income for life, for a term of up to 20 years or life plus, a term of up to 20 years.
- Receive an immediate charitable income tax deduction for the charitable portion of the trust.
- A unitrust has the potential to grow your payout each year.
- Leave a lasting legacy to Kent State University or WKSU.
Please contact us with any questions about a charitable remainder unitrust.