This Giving Tuesday Season, Continue Our Most Generous Annual Tradition
When we come together, Golden Flashes create a legacy of brilliance that makes the world Forever Brighter.
At Kent State University, we are continuing the proud tradition of giving back during the Giving Tuesday campaign this November. This monthlong celebration of giving brings the Kent State community together to support student success and build a brighter future for the blue and gold.
From Oct. 31 through Nov. 28, Kent State’s most generous annual tradition offers our alumni and friends the opportunity to give with a purpose by supporting what matters most to them. With a record 58 Giving Tuesday featured funds ranging from basic needs support for students to study abroad experiences, there are even more opportunities to let your generosity shine.
Maximize Your Impact
- Throughout the month, each featured fund has a matching gift available, so you can double your gift’s impact (while matching funds last).
- From Oct. 31 through Nov. 27, for every 25 unique donors who give $25 or more to a Giving Tuesday featured fund, that fund will earn a $500 participation boost.
- Crowdfunding allows alumni, faculty, staff, students and friends to get involved by creating your own individual peer-to-peer fundraising page for the fund of your choice.
- Weekly incentives are announced each Tuesday that can make your gift go even further.
- This all culminates with the international day of giving on Nov. 28. On this special day, the Kent State University Foundation sets aside $100,000 to match donors – dollar-for-dollar – on gifts up to $1,000 made to any KSU Foundation fund (while matching funds last).
As in past years, members of Kent State’s Board of Trustees, Foundation Board, Alumni Board and President’s Cabinet have generously pledged their private support to encourage participation from the university community. Their gifts, which total nearly $40,000, will be used to fund the creative incentives that make Kent State’s Giving Tuesday campaign so impactful.
Kent State has gained national recognition for this innovative initiative and the ways in which the university community rallies together to support students when they need it the most. Flashes give back. It’s who we are. It’s what we do.
Join us as we build our legacy and help our students set the world alight. More information on all the Giving Tuesday featured funds can be found at www.kent.edu/givingtuesday.