Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH) in Allied Health
Reach Out Today
Contact us today to learn more about our program!
The Kent State Allied Health concentration allows a student to apply the learning they received from their licensure to the Bachelor of Science in Public Health.
The Allied Health concentration in our Bachelor of Science in Public Health seeks to augment the career portfolio of the allied health professional or student. This concentration adds depth to the student’s prior clinical experiences by adding the liberal education and public health components to broaden the professional's career path.
Additionally, students in this concentration will be exposed to broad areas of public health including epidemiology, biostatistics, environmental health, global health and health policy.
The public health bachelor’s degree with a concentration in allied health prepares students to meet the increased demands for a trained and educated public health workforce. This concentration is offered 100 percent online or in person, giving students maximum flexibility when pursuing their public health bachelor's degree.
Earn Your Allied Health Concentration Degree Online!
Did you know that we offer public health bachelor’s degrees online? The online learning option is a great way for individuals who are unable to get to campus or would have to work around a busy schedule to complete courses. Be sure to reach out today to learn more!
Requirements to Apply for a Bachelor of Science in Public Health with a Concentration in Allied Health
Students interested in this concentration must currently hold or must be actively pursuing a state licensure in an allied health field. Those holding state licensure may be eligible to receive up to 12 hours of upper division credit for their prior experience and demonstrated competency in select areas.
Upon admission to the College of Public Health, students must submit a copy of their license or certification for verification.
Students will be awarded 12 hours of upper division credit for their license or certification. Students may only receive credit once and cannot receive more than 12 hours of credit, even if multiple licenses or certifications are held.
Accepted Ohio Licenses and Certifications to Apply to the Public Health Degree Program
The College of Public Health’s Bachelor of Science in Public Health with a concentration in Allied Health degree recognizes the following State of Ohio Licenses or Certifications for academic credit:
- ACPU, Acupuncture Certificate
- DC, Chiropractic Physician
Chemical Dependency Professionals Board
- Licensed Independent Chemical Dependency Counselor
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor II
- Ohio Certified Prevention Specialist I
- Ohio Certified Prevention Specialist II
Counselor, Social Worker & Marriage and Family Therapist Board
- Clinical Resident
- Counselor Trainee
- Professional Counselor
- Provisional Professional Counselor
- Supervising Professional Counselor
- Professional Clinical Counselor
- Independent Marriage and Family Therapist
- Independent Social Worker
- Independent Social Worker Supervisor
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Social Worker
- Dental Hygienist
Division of Emergency Medical Services
- Basic EMT
- Volunteer Firefighter
- Firefighter I
- Firefighter II
- Telemedicine – Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Telemedicine – Doctor of Medicine
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Licensed Massage Therapist – Emeritus
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine– Emeritus
- Doctor of Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine – Emeritus
- Doctor of Medicine – Volunteer
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine – Emeritus
- Physician Assistant
- MD Training Certificate
- DO Training Certificate
- DPM Training Certificate
Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainers Board
- Athletic Trainer
- Occupational Therapist
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapist
- Physical Therapy Assistant
Ohio Board of Dietetics
- Licensed Dietitian
Ohio Board of Nursing
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Diagnostic Optometrist
- Therapeutic Optometrist
Orthodontics, Prostatitis and Periodontics Board
- Licensed Orthodontist
- Licensed Prosthetist
- Licensed Pedorthist
- Licensed Pedorthist – Orthotist
- Pharmacy Intern
- School Psychologist
Respiratory Care Board
- Respiratory Care Professional
- Sanitarian in Training
- Registered Sanitarian
Speech Language Pathology and Audiology Board
- Speech-Language Pathologist
Get More Information About the Bachelor of Science in Public Health Program Today!
Contact us today with any questions you have about admission or the program. We look forward to discussing with you our bachelor’s of public health with a concentration in allied health science degree!