2019 Global Health Immersion course will be held in Geneva, Switzerland this May 18 - June 1, 2019
PH 44002/HPM 64002-84002 GLOBAL HEALTH IMMERSION, Geneva Switzerland
- A short online module will be completed before departure. Application deadline for next trip February 1, 2019.
- Tour the European United Nations Headquarters, the World Health Organization, and participate in the World Health Assembly
- Dialog with worldwide government and non-government organization (NGO) leaders in global health initiatives
- Explore the impact of government policy and private interventions on meeting global healthcare needs
- Visits and briefings are planned at the following agencies: World Health Organization, Global Fund, Diplomatic Mission of the United States of America, Doctors Without Borders, International Committee of the Red Cross, and others
- Visit the International Red Crescent (Red Cross) Museum
- Cruise Lake Geneva and taste authentic Swiss cuisine
- Day-trip visits include Annecy, and Chamonix/Mt. Blanc, France
For more information please contact Dr. Tom Brewer (email@example.com)
This trip is open to all majors but preference is given to Public Health students.
"The trip to Geneva really was a trip of a lifetime. I never thought that I could experience and learn so much in two short weeks. It was worth every penny and I just hope that every Public Health student has an opportunity to spend a little time in Geneva."
- 2011 Global Immersion Student