Master of Public Health (MPH) in Health Policy and Management
The Masters of Public Health in Health Policy and Management at Kent State University Department of Health Policy and Management trains students to address public health risks and develop effective health services delivery models.
It is an interdisciplinary program that incorporates health services research, health policy analysis, and health care planning and management.
Given the active research of the College’s faculty in identifying service gaps and in developing evidence-based practices and policy analysis, students will emerge with strong skills in health care organization management, alternative models of service financing, and strategies for improving services.
MPH - Health Policy and Management specialization offered in two formats
- Kent Campus-traditional in-class program
- 100% online program available in Health Policy and Management
The course prepares the participants for the world of procurement and supply chain of healthcare products. It provides a solid overview of PSM issues including the role of government policies, donors, manufacturers, procurement agents and more. The course is targeted at health professionals in public health programs (donors, government, NGOs, civil society, academia) and people interested in working in supply chain/logistics.
Career opportunities for graduates include:
- Administrative and management positions in:
- State and local health departments
- Nursing homes and mental health facilities
- Policy analyst positions in health planning organizations and governmental agencies
- Planning and management positions in health maintenance organizations and health insurance companies.
If you are looking for a career that will help you make a difference, the Kent State College of Public Health is a great place to get started. Check out this infographic to gain more insight on "What can you do with an MPH".
Don't forget to explore our other MPH programs and find out how they can help you prepare for career opportunities in the field.