Newly Admitted Students
Recently admitted to an online program in the College of Public Health?
Follow these steps to ensure your success
- Undergraduate students: Contact an Academic Advisor by calling 330-672-6500 to schedule an advising appointment or utilize our web-scheduling option. For phone appointments, enter "phone appointment" in the comments box and a number where an advisor can reach you. Also, review the Undergraduate Advising Resources and Self Help Center.
- Graduate students: After you are accepted, you are assigned a faculty advisor from your department.
- Learn more about how courses are delivered online by visiting the Distance Learning page.
- Learn more about registering for classes, payment options and payment deadlines and financial aid by visiting the One Stop for Student Services.
- Learn more about online support by visiting the Help Desk online support center.
- Visit the Bookstore to get your Kent State gear, textbooks and access to supplies for classes.
What if I decide not to take classes this semester?
If you plan not to take courses, drop them but - be aware that if you drop classes after the start of the semester, you may owe money. Check with the One Stop for Student Services for more information or contact an advisor.
I'd like to know more about my new university. Can you tell me more?
Kent State University is located in Kent, Ohio about 30 minutes Southeast of Cleveland, 20 minutes Northeast of Akron, and two hours from Pittsburgh, PA. According to US News and World Report, Kent State is one of the top universities in the United States. More information about Kent State University is located at www.kent.edu/about.
Free Kent State Spirit downloads are available at the alumni web site.
Kent State University College of Public Health, Kent, Ohio, USA. Toll free 1-855-KSU-COPH (1-855-578-2674) or onlinePH@kent.edu
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time