KSU Lil' Cyclones
The KSU Ice Arena and Kent Cyclones Youth Hockey Organization work in conjunction to offer the KSU Lil’ Cyclones program. This program is an age-appropriate, age-specific program for players ages 8 and under that promotes the integration of high performance, cross-ice practices and games. Drills are designed to focus on multiple skills and are enhanced by situational repetition. This program enhances players’ skills, creativity and participation level while also creating a positive environment for every child to play, love, excel and reach their full potential.
There are three main tenets to age-appropriate, age-specific hockey:
- More Puck Time: Smaller spaces cross-ice hockey means more opportunity for a player to touch the puck and ultimately improve their skill.
- Age-Appropriate Training: By scaling the ice to their level children are more involved, more engaged and developing their skills more efficiently.
- Increased Competition: A smaller ice surface makes players of all skill levels think and act quicker resulting in more frequent battles for the puck and hockey decision making.
- Program is twice per week on Sundays, 1:50 - 2:50 p.m. and Wednesdays, 5:10 - 6:10 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 12 - Wednesday, Mar. 4
Age Requirement: 5 - 8 years old