Degrees are posted to students' permanent academic records approximately thirty days following the effective date of graduation.
All Fall 2016 degree recipients will be able to pick up their diploma at the Office of the University Registrar, Room 108 Schwartz Center, during the hours of 8AM to 4PM from Monday, February 13, 2017, to Wednesday, February 15, 2017. Any remaining diplomas will be mailed on Thursday, February 16, 2017, to the PERMANENT or DIPLOMA address listed on the student’s FLASHLINE account. Students may only pick up their own diploma with proper photo ID such as a Kent State University ID, a driver’s license or state ID, military ID or passport.
Please Note: The integrity of academic transcripts is fundamental to the validity of coursework and degrees certified by the University. Therefore, all student transcript entries (grades and other notations) are finalized when the pertinent degree is officially posted to the permanent academic record. Subsequent revision and alteration of any transcript entry, after the relevant degree is awarded, is permitted only for the correction of a proven error as certified by the appropriate academic dean and the registrar.
A replacement diploma may be ordered when the student's original diploma has been lost or damaged. Duplicate diplomas are not issued.
The request for a replacement diploma must be made in writing and should be mailed to: Office of the University Registrar, Kent State University, P.O. Box 5190, Kent, OH 44242-0001.
The letter should include the following:
- name at time of graduation
- social security number
- date of birth
- degree earned
- date of graduation
- reason the replacement diploma is needed
- address to where the replacement diploma should be sent
- phone number
- Replacement diplomas are usually mailed out within two weeks of the request.
- The signatures of university officials are current officers and may not be the same as those on your original diploma. The diploma will be noted as a Replacement Diploma.
- There is a $25 replacement fee. Checks should be made payable to Kent State University.