Fall Midterm and Final Grades
Grades Processing Deadlines for Fall 2019 Courses
- Final and midterm grades processing will be done using FlashFAST. The following provides dates and information for grades processing for Fall 2019 courses.
- Remember: You can check the status of your grade rosters by viewing the information in the Faculty & Advisors Category / Faculty Dashboard / Grading Resources Section.
|PART OF TERM||START DATE||END DATE||MIDTERM GRADES PROCESSING||FINAL GRADES PROCESSING||FINAL GRADES PROCESSING DEADLINES|
|Full Term - 1 - 15 weeks (201980)||(R) 22-AUG-2019||(U) 08-DEC-2019||12-SEP-2019 -09-OCT-2019||06-DEC-2019 Through 17-DEC-2019||Tuesday, 17-DEC-2019, Midnight|
|First 5 Weeks - F1 - 5 weeks (201980)||(R) 22-AUG-2019||(W) 25-SEP-2019||NA||23-SEP-2019 Through 29-SEP-2019||Sunday, 29-SEP-2019, Midnight|
|Second 5 Weeks - F2 - 5 weeks (201980)||(R) 26-SEP-2019||(W) 30-OCT-2019||NA||28-OCT-2019 Through 03-NOV-2019||Sunday, 03-NOV-2019, Midnight|
|Third 5 Weeks - F3 - 5 weeks (201980)||(R) 31-OCT-2019||(U) 08-DEC-2019||NA||06-DEC-2019 Through 17-DEC-2019||Tuesday, 17-DEC-2019, Midnight|
|First Half Semester - H1 - 7½ weeks (201980)||(R) 22-AUG-2019||(M) 14-OCT-2019||NA||11-OCT-2019 Through 16-OCT-2019||Wednesday, 16-OCT-2019, Midnight|
|Second Half Semester - H2 - 7½ weeks (201980)||(T) 15-OCT-2019||(U) 08-DEC-2019||NA||06-DEC-2019 Through 17-DEC-2019||Tuesday, 17-DEC-2019, Midnight|
|First 7 weeks - W1 - 7 weeks (201980)||(R) 22-AUG-2019||(W) 09-OCT-2019||NA||07-OCT-2019 Through 13-OCT-2019||Sunday, 13-OCT-2019, Midnight|
|Second 7 weeks - W2 - 7 weeks (201980)||(R) 17-OCT-2019||(U) 08-DEC-2019||NA||06-DEC-2019 Through 17-DEC-2019||Tuesday, 17-DEC-2019, Midnight|
|Podiatric - 1st Year - P1 (201975)||(M) 05-AUG-2019||(F) 29-NOV-2019||NA||29-NOV-2019 Through 17-DEC-2019||Tuesday, 17-DEC-2019, Midnight|
|Podiatric - 2nd Year - P2 (201975)||(M) 05-AUG-2019||(F) 29-NOV-2019||NA||29-NOV-2019 Through 17-DEC-2019||Tuesday, 17-DEC-2019, Midnight|
|Podiatric - 3rd Year - P3 (201975)||(M) 10-JUN-2019||(F) 27-SEP-2019||NA||30-SEP-2019 Through 15-OCT-2019||Tuesday, 15-OCT-2019, Midnight|
|Podiatric - 4th Year - P4 (201975)||(M) 03-JUN-2019||(F) 04-OCT-2019||NA||04-OCT-2019 Through 08-OCT-2019||Tuesday, 08-OCT-2019, Midnight|
|201980 OPEN LEARNING COURSES - Flexibly Scheduled||Grading Begins on last day of class.||Tuesday, 17-DEC-2019, Midnight|
FACULTY GRADE ASSIGNMENT TIPS:
- Faculty will use FlashFAST to post grades. Login to FlashLine at www.kent.edu and select Faculty & Advisors / Faculty Dashboard from the main menu. The link to your midterm and final grade roster(s) is located in the Grading Resources on this dashboard.
- Faculty can also access the Grade Push application within the Grading Resources Section. The application is designed to allow for all midterm or final grades in a section to be pushed from Blackboard Learn to either the Midterm Grades or Final Grades roster at once. The Grade Push User Information maybe accessed at support.kent.edu by searching "Grade Push."
- Reminder: Faculty with thesis, dissertation or research courses should issue IP grades for their students who are not graduating.
- If you have any problems accessing FlashFAST or need technical assistance, please contact the HELP desk at 330-672-HELP (4357) or by using the Support Portal at http://support.kent.edu.
- The NF (Never attended F) administrative mark denotes that the student never attended one class session nor did the student formally withdraw from the course. The administrative mark of NF can only be entered via the Academic Presence Verification Roster by marking a student as "Not Started" and cannot be updated via the midterm or the final grade rosters.
- The SF (Stopped Attending F) administrative mark denotes that the student stopped attending the course and did not formally withdraw. The SF administrative mark must be accompanied by a date of last attendance in the course. Faculty who cannot determine the exact date of last attendance may use the date of the last academic activity in which students participated. The administrative mark of SF can only be entered via the midterm or the final grade rosters. A message will display after you click Submit that the student has not withdrawn from the course. This is only informational and will not prevent the SF mark you assigned from posting.
- Instructors are required to complete an Incomplete Mark Contract via the Incomplete Mark Workflow available in FlashLine on the Faculty Dashboard when Incomplete marks are being assigned. The primary instructor will be able to initiate and submit the contract for a student after the deadline to withdraw (10th week of a regularly scheduled section in fall and spring, or prorated for flexibly scheduled sections) through the end of final grading. For more detailed information on the Incomplete Mark Workflow process, please see Incomplete Mark Workflow. Please be reminded that the “Incomplete” or “In Progress (IP)” marks are not valid midterm grades.
- No entry is necessary for the Attend Hours field.
- A midterm evaluation grade is completed between the fourth and seventh week in the fall and spring semesters for all students in lower-division undergraduate courses (levels 00000, 10000, 20000).
- Calculate your grades before entering them on the grade roster page so that you do not time-out. For security reasons, the time-out will occur after 60 minutes of inactivity. Be sure to click the Submit button on the Midterm or Final Grades page after entering your grades. Once grades are submitted, you will receive the message that the changes you made were saved successfully and a new 60 minute time limit will start for the page.
- Only 25 students are listed on a page. You must click the corresponding Record Set in order to get to the next page of students to grade.
- To select another course to grade, click CRN Selection at the bottom of the page to return to the drop down box with your available courses.
- View posted final grades on the Class Rosters: Summary View page within Faculty Dashboard ribbon in FlashFAST by selecting the appropriate term and CRN.
- Final grading for Open Learning courses (courses not offered in a defined part of term) begins on the last day of the course and ends on the final grading deadline for the full term in which the course is offered. Faculty teaching courses that begin or end after the final grading deadline for the full term in which the course is offered will have to complete individual grade changes using the Grade Change Workflow for each student enrolled in their course(s).
- Any final grades not reported in FlashFAST by the grades processing deadlines will have to be submitted using the Grade Change Workflow.
- If you have any problems accessing FlashFAST or need technical assistance, please contact the HELP desk at 330-672-HELP (4357) or by using the Support Portal at http://support.kent.edu. If you have any questions about submitting your grades, please call the Registrar’s Office at 330-672-3131.